We release something new every couple of weeks.
Want to know when the next free ANE is out?
At the end of this part you will have:An Xcode project with AIR interface and function placeholders for driving the camera which you'll fill in the next few parts of the tutorial.
Time8-10 miutes Read More
At the end of this part you will have
- A Flex mobile app with placeholder functionality for showing preview from the native camera. Check this out If you are asking "Why Flex and not pure ActionScript?"
- The means to run and test your ANE as soon as you write its first lines of code - a much better option than tapping away blind.
- Understanding of the 'grand plan' behind the ANE.
Time15-20 minutes Read More
At the end of this tutorial you will have
- A native extension for AIR that connects with the native camera and captures frames from it.
- A test app that uses the native extension and can help you test and debug its code.
Total timeI've broken down the tutorial into parts, each of which should take between 5 and 20 minutes to implement. I expect the full tutorial to take you between an hour and a half and two hours in total. You've got to love software project estimates. :) If you've completed the whole tutorial, leave a comment and let me know whether my estimate was way off base. Read More
I keep advocating single-click builds and it's time to put my money where my mouth is. This article will show you how to set up Flash Builder to rebuild and package an AIR Native Extension with one click. Read More
Let me ask you a question. Let's say you've written the code for your AIR Native Extension, native library, AIR library and all that. How many steps does it take to build and package this in an .ANE file? Let's count: 1... Read More
This post will show you how to package an ANE - AIR Native Extension - on the command line.
The bad news first: it's a nuisance - a lot of file copying, renaming and deleting before you even get to run any command-line tools. Now the good news: all of this can be automated with a script - see the note at the end of this article. Read More