If you have been following our tutorials, you know we are big on saving development time. If, on the other hand, this is your first time on our website, here are two things we’d like you to know about the DiaDraw Team:
- We dislike reinventing the wheel and repeating project setup work.
- We passionately hate workflows that require more than one click to produce a build.
We keep getting requests for help with project setup for native extensions for various platforms. This ANE template is meant to save you time on both fronts mentioned above:
- It gives you a kick start with an already setup framework of projects for building ANEs for Android, iOS or both.
- It saves you time packaging ANEs by hand: the projects come set up with scripts for single-click build.
- Bonus time saver: each native project is set up with a native app + scripts to let you debug the native code.
What’s in the ANE Template package?
a native Android project with source code+ build scripts
a native Xcode project with source code + debug scripts
an AIR library project, set up with extension descriptors + build scripts
an AIR default implementation library project for simulation support
a test mobile app to run all this on your iOS and Android devices
and did we mention build and debug scripts?
These let you automatically package ANE + app with one click.
They also let you debug the native code in Eclipse and Xcode.
a PDF manual to show you how to put all of the above to use.
Where can I download it?
Is there a step-by-step tutorial?
There will be if you let us know it would be useful. If we get requests from 20 or more people on Twitter, that would be convincing enough. Use the hash tag #anetutorial.
Are there other ANE sources I can download?
Yes, check these out: